Wednesday, January 12, 2011

items for S A L E this S U N D A Y dont miss out!


The time from starting this exciting adventure has only been a number of months but I sit here and wonder what i would do in my spare time? You would think working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week designing would satisfy me. But it doesn't. So there was born Hilda Mae.
I have only started to realise that making clothes is the easy part. But there is a whole lot of work that goes into each item from designing, producing, styling, photographing, editing, uploading, advertising and the bit that will make all the difference.... selling.
DESIGNING -This part comes easy i usually panic because i have to many ideas and not enough time or brain capacity to do them. Inspiration comes from a vast range of things, from a little old lady walking down the street to high end fashion catwalks. One day i dream of having all the time in the world to design but for now i allow myself a limited amount as i would never get anything else done!
PRODUCING- One day ( the time i get home from work 5pm - 10pm) i can make up to 3 or more items, the next only one - i guess it depends how much coffee i drink! I love having the final product all ironed and complete, hassling my mother to waltz it around the house so i can see the movement - thanks to me she can walk in heels! 
STYLING- This is something i love to do but tend to rush it. An area i will put more effort in. Slow down leigh!
PHOTOGRAPHING- After only touching on photography during design school, i have learnt a whole lot more from there. I have some help from photographers and i know i need a whole whole lot of practise but its part of my favourite thing of Hilda Mae and i cant wait to improve.
EDITING- Quite simple, a few lighting adjustments but the trick is to get the perfect lighting on a photo shoot.
UPLOADING- Boring, slow, even worse if there is nothing yummy in the house to eat!
ADVERTISING- Well still in the process of working that out! Giveaways seem to be the best way.
And then comes SELLING

Just go to the Hilda Mae website http://www.hildamae.com/
Browse through, take a look, i would love any sort of feedback. Items are all one off, so get in quick!
Its easy as 3 clicks just email me first to check the item is still for sale, i will try to update the store as often as possible. Please remember this is the first day of trading and i will try my best for everything to run smoothly.
With love and Style.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Leigh,

    Your doing so well with your design work! So proud of you! And the photos are great... If I could afford to buy something I would!
    I'm also trying to work on my design stuff...
    Hope to hear a detailed report to me to soon!
    miss u xoxox



    PS josh is my friends account i was accidentally signed in on :)

    ReplyDelete