Monday, August 6, 2012

BRIGHTON My first trip from the city 10/04/12

Wow it is already August It seems like just yesterday I was in Brighton although remembering all my travels and backtracking to the beginning it also seems a life time away I left Australia.
Brighton was in the top of my list when I first arrived as a day trip to escape the bustling city for a day. Living in London is extremely fast paced and without realizing it, it tends to take it out of you. This was my first trip out of the city since arriving and one I think well deserved.
So In the space of a month we found our first home, after living in a hostel for a couple of weeks (there's more homes to come haha), I also found full time work too.
Leaving early on the Tuesday morning my friend Luke n I made our trip down to the south coast amazingly only taking 50 mins! Instantly I knew how much I was going miss the ocean and a breath of fresh air I am so used to in my next few months here. The atmosphere and scenery were beautiful and fresh, the shops were quirky.
We walked down and along the famous Brighton. The day was perfect, blue sky and sunny, very picturesque, however only being the beginning of April there were icy ocean blasts that found us wandering into the village. After a few ciders, warm stodgy lunch filling us up our afternoon was spent lazying around on the pebble shores.
While London itself is truly amazing, learning and seeing new things every day, it's hard to believe such a different laid back lifestyle is only 50 minutes away! Best of both worlds really.
Updates from London. Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment